Crispy mayo and mustard crumbed cauliflower
This whole roasted cauliflower is a tribute to chef Eyal Shani, who was a great culinary influence on me, and I think to most of my Israeli colleagues. He is the "professor" of modern Israeli cuisine and he showed all of us that roasting (and burning) whole vegetables is fun!
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 whole medium-sized cauliflower
- 5 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons of smooth Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground or coarse ground black pepper
- 50g of breadcrumbs
- Oil spray or olive oil to drizzle
1. Preheat oven to 220c and line a baking tray with a sheet of greaseproof paper.
2. Choose a large saucepan (one that can hold your cauliflower), cover with water and add 1 teaspoon of salt and bring to the boil.
3. Reduce the heat and simmer for 7 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, mix the mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl.
5. Drain the cauliflower, place onto the baking tray and rub the sauce over the cauliflower using a pastry brush or spatula until the cauliflower is completely covered.
6. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes.