This is one of the first recipes I ever made, I think that I was twelve when I first made this. There is a sense of magic to the potatoes as you cut them, place them in the oven and voila! You end up with this beautiful hand-held fan shape potato.
- 6 medium-sized potatoes, washed and unpeeled
- 1 pair of chopsticks (or the bottom part of two dinner knives)
- Olive oil to drizzle
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground or coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic or garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of Cajun spice (optional)
- 1 stalk of chopped rosemary or 2 teaspoons of dry rosemary (optional)
1. Preheat oven to fan mode 180oc/gas mark 6/ 400of.
2. Place each potato between two chopsticks (both parallel to one another, so that they create a barrier for the knife to form this "Hasselback" cut). Carefully slice the potatoes as thinly as you can, making sure you don’t slice right through.
3. Mix together the oil, garlic, Cajun spice, rosemary and pepper.
4. Place the potatoes onto a greaseproof baking paper and drizzle over the oil mix.
5. Bake for 1 hour until crispy.