Spring break boozy (or child-friendly) fruit compote
This is without a doubt, the most potent memory that I have from my grandma making this for me every summer. Use literally any fruit you can get your hands; dried fruits in any form, fresh or just about to go bye-bye. But our Market Fruit & Veg Box will have everything you need. This recipe will also go great with yoghurt and granola, with ice cream or blitz all with ice for a really nice fruit smoothie.
- 2 apples, 1/4 pineapple, 1/4 melon, 1/2 packet grapes cut into large cubes
- 1 cup dried fruits (anything you have: apricots/raisins/prunes)
- Warm spices: 2-star anise, 2 cinnamon sticks, 6 cardamom pods
- 2 glasses of white or red wine or two glasses of grape juice
- 70g coconut or brown sugar
Place everything in a saucepan and add water until covered then cook on low heat for 30 minutes. Make sure you don't bring it to a boil otherwise the alcohol will evaporate. Cool down and serve as cold as possible under a scorching sunlight.